Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Playdate with Ruby


When I moved to San Diego exactly 4 years ago, the first person who reached out to me was a woman by the name of Lisa Ryan.  I met her at Church our very first Sunday and she immediately invited me to join them for playgroup at Torrey Pines State Beach the following Friday.  I politely declined because I had a very cute 5 month old baby named Callista, and was completely overwhelmed with my 3 kids and could not imagine attempting the beach quite yet.  She herself, was expecting within a few weeks her own baby girl.  Little did I know then that she and I, and her sweet baby girl and mine would enjoy many playdates and memories together.  Our last playdate with Ruby we enjoyed the Birch Aquarium with lunch at Rubio's.  We will miss "Booby Jane" as Callista called her for her first few years, and her Mother.  This is a family who is always there when you need them and Lisa has an amazing, contagious laugh that I love to hear in my mind when Iam feeling sad.  Thank you Ruby for being such a great friend to Callista, and thank you Lisa for being such a great friend to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment