My birthday started out dark and early with our phones buzzing that there was a flash flood watch beginning at 4:45 am and lasting through the next 24 hours. Then about an hour later at 5:45 I was awakened by my phone ringing....it was HISD cancelling school due to flooding. I mean, how thoughtful of them to cancel school just so I could spend my birthday with my kiddos!
I opened Ryan's present early so I could wear my new work out clothes while I made the kids do a work out video with me.
We watched a few movies, played a few games, and by late afternoon the rain had stopped. We found an Olive Garden that was open on our side of the Bayou, since it was flooded at many points.
Time for presents!
This started out as a sweet hug and ended up a dogpile.
Paul bought me this chocolate cheese cake at the youth dessert auction from our church. It was delicious, helped out our youth group, and the pressure was off him to bake something...win, win!
It was a perfect birthday and it got even better when they announced on the news that school would be cancelled the next day also...YAY!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment